Tuesday 11 May 2010

The Churchyard Cat


Stopping at the local churyard one day in February to try and get photos of a green woodpecker I saw instead a pretty cat. Obviously 'Mister Yaffle' wasn't going to show himself while puss was around so I settled for some photos of him instead, hence this latest drawing. There is a line drawing on the paper but it's almost impossible to see even for me except in the right light. So very early days on this piece but it will be quicker than usual as I finally decided to try my pastel pencils again. I may have to put this to one side as today I've been asked to draw my sister's cat as a present for her birthday. I've already decided that it will be in coloured pencil so will take some time. I plan to use Faber Castell Polychromos on Langton 300gsm HP white paper. First though, I have to take some reference photos and get them printed so I will continue with my 'churchyard cat' until then.

No comments: