Friday 12 October 2007

I got tagged

Mary of Forest Walks tagged me with this series of birding questions.

1. What is the coolest bird you have seen from your home?
I once had a peahen walk up my driveway, peer in at the dogs then turn around and walk away again. Just this morning I saw a heron circling in the air before it came into land out of sight across the road.
2.If you compose lists of bird species seen, what is your favourite list and why?
I've just started making lists of the birds I see at various places. I was thrilled when I saw my first egret and even more so when a kingfisher landed in front of the hide I was in.
3.What sparked your interest in birds?
I've always loved wildlife but more animals than birds. My interest in birds has come to me rather late in life from my mother, fuelled recently by my passion for photography and art.
4. If you could only bird in one place for the rest of your life where would it be and why?
Living in the New Forest there is a huge diversity of birds and I am happy to be here watching birds and other wildlife.
5. Do you have a jinx bird? What is it and why is it jinxed?
No, I don't.
6 Who is your favourite birder? and why?
I don't know many but I enjoy watching Chris Packham, he is very enthusiastic about everything he sees.
7. Do you tell non-birders you are a birder?
I'm not really a birder, certainly not a twitcher. I just enjoy all kinds of nature and I do tell all my friends what I've seen. If they think I'm crazy then that's nothing new. LOL

I'm going to tag Jan of Down Yonder Green Valley.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Thanks! No its ok. Was I meant to tag someone else though at the end of mine?