Monday 30 July 2007

Egrets and a butterfly

Same excuses, no ink and too busy! This weekend I had my nephew's wedding to attend, the reception was at a lovely golf club, the grounds looked out to Southampton Water in the distance. During the afternoon and evening I watched three cruise liners depart, including the Queen Mary 2.
Here are a few pics from this afternoons trip to the local nature reserve. We saw beautiful egrets, a cormorant, lapwings, pretty butterflies and dragonflies too. We explored a little further than we have before - big mistake as neither of us has a great sense of direction (actually mine is non - existent) - we ended up walking for at least an hour and a half, totally lost at one point!






5 comments:

Mary said...

Just as well we have a sense of humour as we plodded round the streets in our wellies!

Jan said...

Lol, sound as bad as me, though I'm not to bad in the countryside, it's in towns and shopping centres I haven't a clue! Super photos.

ST said...

your flutterby is a comma-- lovely pics

Karen said...

st - thanks for the id, I had realised I'd got it wrong, changed the title etc on my flickr page but forgot about my blog!

oldcrow61 said...

Beautiful pictures Karen.